Mowing Routine Weekly: April – November; estimated 28 cuts)
- Routine will be completed in one day´s time on the same day (determined in advance) each week - barring unforeseen circumstances.
- Removal of clippings will be included (preferable method - bagging while mowing.) This includes removal of collected clippings from the site.
- Walkways, driveways, patios, and building surfaces will be free of clippings within two hours of mowing completion.
- All mowing will be completed unless otherwise approved by the Client or if growth of grass does not warrant mowing.
- All litter on lawn areas will be picked up and disposed of properly off-site.
- Prudent and standard mowing practices will be used (i.e., equipment equipped with all safety guards, no scalping, sharp turning, skipping of areas, or "hot dogging".) Mower blades will be properly sharpened prior to each mowing.
- The appropriate equipment will be used as applicable. Additionally, hand-mowing will be employed wherever scalping, digging, divots, or "skips" are encountered. To assure a complete job and to avoid damage, weed eating will be employed where mowers cannot appropriately reach.
- Sidewalks will be edged with a weed-eater during each mowing. Grass height at the edge shall remain at least 1" in height.
- Turf Insecticide
- Turf Aeration
- Turf Renovation
Broadleaf Herbicide Application
- Application to all covered turf areas for broadleaf weed control.
- Actual application date will be set to provide the best control.
Crabgrass Control (Once per year: approximate time – August)
- Application to all covered turf areas for maximum suppression of crabgrass infestation.
- Application to all turf areas in order to reduce acidity.
Tree and Shrub Services
- (2 full occurrences) – to be done in May/June (Spring)
- and August/September (Fall)
- All shrubs and ornamental trees up to 12': shape as appropriate to variety;
- Keep growth out of other plantings, off walks and roadways, and out of window access.
- All clippings will be removed from premises by end of each day of pruning.
- Total job not to extend over more than a one-week period.
Integrated Plant Management
- Management (Mar.- Sept. as appropriate to prevent damage to trees and shrubs)
- Spray application to all shrubs and trees as a preventive to insect infestation (i.e. leaf miner, Japanese Beetles, aphids, mites, bagworms, tent caterpillars, etc.) and diseases.
Tree and Shrub Fertilization (October or November)
- Includes all trees and shrubs as needed.
Bedding Area Services
Bed Edging (Once per year - to be done April/May)
- Four inch (4") deep, clean, straight edge established on all tree, shrub,flower, utility, and lamppost bedding areas.
- Excess dirt and sod to be removed from premises by end of each day's work.
- Extreme care to be exercised to not move edge lines further into turf areas.
Mulch Application (Once per year - to be done April/May)
- Mulch will be of the same type presently in place.
- Apply a uniform coating of quality double ground, hardwood bark mulch (1" minimum: 2" maximum) to all tree, shrub, flower, utility, and lamppost bedding areas.
Weeding Routine (15 times per year: Bi-weekly April - November)
- All tree, shrub, flower, sign, utility, and lamppost bedding areas will be made weed-free during the scheduled week on a bi-weekly basis.
Bed Clean-up (2 times per year: from April/May and Oct/Nov)
- Remove leaves, debris, and litter from bedding areas. Contractor will guarantee safety of ground cover, bulbs, perennials, and annuals and is responsible for prompt replacement of damaged items.
Miscellaneous Landscape Services
Curb line Sweeping and Parking Lot Clean-Up (1 time: April)
- Sweeping of all curb line areas within the property to remove cinders, cigarette butts, dirt, and miscellaneous debris from drives and roads.
- Total job to be completed within one week, barring major weather disruption.
- Flower Planting
- Tree Removal & Pruning
- Extra Leaf Clean-up
Natural Lawn Care & Professional Landscaping Tips and Tricks!
You spend a lot of time during the warm weather months ensuring your yard looks fantastic. Mowing the grass, trimming the hedges, pruning the trees, and weeding your garden all serve to make your neighbors green with envy over your fabulous yard... Read More
You may think that as the weather starts to get colder that you can forget about all lawn maintenance until it warms back up in the spring. While it’s true that you don’t have to do nearly as much as you do in the summer, there are still some important lawn care tasks that demand your attention during the winter months... Read More
What I love about MIKO, is I can set it and forget it. My time is better spent with my family and my business, and my yard and landscape have never looked better. There is always room to fiddle in my garden if I want to, but the rest is set.
-Happy Strasburg Customer